|Orbit Industries' Firestop Putty Pads and Sticks are hand-moldable, non-curing, fire rated material used to prevent the spread of hazards in the event of a fire. Fire Rated for up to 3 hours, the products expand when exposed to fire, preventing the passage of flame, smoke and toxic gases. Both pads and sticks will not dry out or crumble, and can be reused as penetrating items are installed or removed.
Putty Pads are used on electrical boxes to maintain the hourly rating of fire-rated walls. In addition they help reduce sound transmission and feature a STC rating of 60.
Putty Sticks are used to seal around penetration items such as cables, electrical conduits and metal pipes, through fire-rated walls, floors and blank openings.
- Applied by hand with no curing time
- Pad is soundproof with STC Rating of 60*
- Intumescent at 220 ˚F
- No Asbestos fillers or Volatile Solvents included
- Will not dry out or crumble and is reusable
- Adheres to all common building surfaces
- Fire rated up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E814, UL 1479 and ULC/CAN4-S115-M Standards
* Tested in a UL 411 wall assembly/section to ASTM E90