Note: Wire prices are always fluctuating. Prices are subject to change at time of order.
INDUSTRY STANDARDS / COMPLIANCES
- ICEA S-95-658 / NEMA WC70 – Power Cables Rated 2,000 Volts or Less for the Distribution of Electrical Energy
- UL 83 - Standard for Safety Thermoset-Insulated Wires and Cables
- UL 1581 – Reference Standard for Electrical Wires, Cables, and Flexible Cords
- ASTM B-3 – Standard Specification for Soft or Annealed Copper Wire
- ASTM B-8 – Standard Specification for Concentric-Lay-Stranded Copper Conductors, Hard, Medium-Hard, or Soft
- NEC, NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code
- CSA C22.2 No. 75 – Thermoplastic-Insulated Wires and Cables
RATINGS / FEATURES
- THHN — Indicates a single conductor having flame-retardant and heat-resistant thermoplastic insulation with a jacket of extruded nylon or equivalent material. The wire is rated 90°C dry only.
- THWN — Indicates a single conductor having flame-retardant, moisture- and heat-resistant thermoplastic insulation with a jacket of extruded nylon or equivalent material. The wire is rated 75°C wet or dry.
- THWN-2 — Same as THWN except that the wire is rated 90°C wet or dry.
- For THHN/THWN-2 applications, the conductor is appropriate for wet or dry locations not to exceed 90°C
- C(UL): T-90 NYLON — Indicates a single-conductor, thermoplastic-insulated, nylon-jacketed construction having a rating of 90°C dry.
- C(UL): TWN75 — Indicates a single-conductor, thermoplastic-insulated, nylon-jacketed construction having a rating of 75°C wet or dry.
- CT Rated: 1/0AWG & larger are rated for cable tray use
- Gasoline and Oil Resistant II
- Flame Retardant: VW-1 Rated
- Sun Resistant
- RoHS Compliant
- Smooth nylon jacket aids in easier installation.
- Resistant to abrasion, moisture, heat, oil, gasoline, chemicals and grease.